Montreal, October 23rd, 2018 – Ecofuel, a venture capital fund and specialized and personalized accelerator in the cleantech sector, announces the six companies of the Ecofuel Accelerator Fall 2018 Cohort. Selected amongst 33 applicants, they’re the participants of the eight cohort of the Ecofuel Accelerator.
Entrepreneurs from Tero, Lekla, Nexus Robotics, SPI Bio, BluWave-aiand Concept GEEBEE will experience in the last three months an acceleration program tailored to their needs, which was already a success factor for many companies in the past four years. They will receive mentorship and advice from about forty mentors who are references in cleantech, business, global markets and entrepreneurship.
• Tero: small household composting solution teroproducts.com
• Lekla: solar optical filters and power stations for remote locations – lekla.ca
• Nexus Robotics: Autonomous robotic solution solutions for Agriculture using machine learning – Nexusrobotics
• SPI Bio: Detection equipment to prevent legionella contamination – spibio.ca
• BluWave-ai: AI-based platform that optimizes the operation of smart grids and microgrids – bluwave-ai.com
• Concept GEEBEE: Innovative electric scooter – conceptgeebee.com/
Ecofuel is a venture capital fund and a specialized and personalized accelerator dedicated to the cleantech startups. Ecofuel, powered by Cycle Capital, works with entrepreneurs to help build globally competitive companies. Ecofuel Fund invests smart money in seed stage startups that develop and commercializes clean technologies while the Ecofuel Accelerator offers entrepreneurs a specialized and personalized program of training workshops, networking sessions, an experienced mentor ecosystem.
In addition to the funding provided by the Government of Quebec, the Ecofuel Accelerator, founded by Cycle Capital, benefits from the collaboration of Transition énergétique Québec, Écotech Québec and Innovacorp.